errors running rahisto

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon May 4 16:38:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 09:26:29AM +1000, Rodney McKee wrote:
> Getting a seg fault when running rahisto against a rabins output file.
> The run works against the previous days collected data.
> What details can I provide to work out what might be the problem.
>
> argus at nas2.drp.acx:/var/log/argus/archive/dxb/fw1/2009/05
> $ rabins -M rmon hard time 5m -m smac -r 02.gz -w rabins.out
>
> argus at nas2.drp.acx:/var/log/argus/archive/dxb/fw1/2009/05
> $ rahisto -r rabins.out -H sload 10 - ether src host 00:15:60:0C:B5:6A
> Segmentation fault
>

> Rgds
> Rodney

	In the clients top level source directory

touch .devel .debug
make clobber
./configure
make
make install

that enables debugging and gdb symbols. Assuming the segfault is producing a
core (it may not if coresizelimit is set to 0, in which case you need to
increase that to unlimited), then run the command again and when it segfaults
run

gdb rahisto core.file
>where

will give information on what caused the core and we can go from there.

Peter Van Epp