Byte count over time period

David lists at edeca.net
Tue Mar 31 09:40:40 EDT 2009

Firstly thanks for the excellent features in the newer builds of
argus, I've just compiled them and things like the regex matching look
to be really useful.

I have a large amount of argus data and I'm trying to accomplish a
relatively simple task.  I'd like to get a byte count split across a
time boundary (e.g. 5 minutes/1 day/whatever).  Some form of output
like:

20090301 1024    (1kb on this day)
20090302 32768   (32kb on this day)
20090303 ..

Or:

20090301 00:00:00 1024 (1kb in these 5 minutes)
20090301 00:05:00 10240 (10kb for this 5 minute period)

Basically I'll be feeding it to some sort of graph, so any CSV like
format would be great.  No idea yet whether it will be Excel or
something slightly more scripted, but I'd like the data rather than
relying on ragraph.

Thanks,

David