ra 3.0 timerange broken?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Mar 12 10:55:01 EDT 2009

Yes, you are correct on both counts, if you specify only part of
the date, without '*' in a field, it expects that you are asking for
todays value in that field, (this year, this month, this day, etc.....).

The old behavior wildcarded the fields when there wasn't a hit, and
unfortunately, it would eat about 100uSec+ per flow record just to
do the localtime() -> timelocal() conversions needed to wildcard the
day ( i think it worries about daylight savings time adjustments,
and that really takes some cycles).

Now, what I do like about the new method, is that you can
specify if you want the day wildcarded, or the month, etc....
so if you wanted 2-3 every day or the 2nd of any month, the
filter works really well.

But what I don't like is that there isn't a "quick" way to do what
you wanted to do.

If we can come up with a good strategy, I'd be willing to put it
in now.

Carter

Carter Bullard
CEO/President