ra 3.0 timerange broken?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Mar 12 10:00:34 EDT 2009

Hey Jesper,
We changed the time range specification in order to improve the
performance.  We were taking a huge hit in system time functions
trying to wildcard every date test that we were doing.

Check the ra.1 man page and see if the time range you are using
seems correct.  The example you gave below, if you ran it today,
it wouldn't match anything, cause its only 9:54AM here ;o)

If you wanted any 10:01-10:02 this month, you could use:
    **.10:01-**.10:02

or, does this work?

    11.10:01-10:02

Carter

On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:29 AM, Jesper Skou Jensen wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I think there is a bug in the 3.0 ra client's timerange.
>
> I would expect the same output from the two commands below, but
> that's not the case.
>
> ra -r logfile.gz -t 10:01-10:02
> reports no output
>
> ra -r logfile.gz -t 2009/03/11.10:01-10:02
> reports all the sessions as expected
>

> --
>
>  Jesper S. Jensen
> UNI-C - Århus, Danmark