argus-clients-3.0.2.tar.gz with mysql support

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Mar 4 13:12:20 EST 2009

Hey Jesper,
The -lz is there for clients is to decode compressed data that the new
argus-3.0.2 will generate.  Until then, you shouldn't need it,
although, .....
I was under the assumption that a zlib was available in most/all Linux
like distros.  And, I thought we looked for it in ./configure?

I wouldn't change the ./configure.  Try removing the -lz from the
created Makefile to see if it will compile?

Carter