Argus 3.0 and Fedora 9

Mike Iglesias iglesias at uci.edu
Mon Mar 2 19:12:41 EST 2009

Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Mike,
> I use Fedora all the time.  So what is the INTERFACE line in your
> argus.conf file look like?  It could be opening the wrong interface?

It looks like it's some kind of change/problem with libpcap(?).  The line to
start argus on the Fedora 7/argus v2 system looked like this:

/usr/local/argus/sbin/argus -d - \(ip and not icmp \)

This worked with on F7, but not F9.  If I change it to

/usr/local/argus/sbin/argus -d - not icmp

it works and generates output, both with argus v2 and argus v3.  Weird...

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2270