argus-clients-3.0.2.beta.10 segfault when reading argus 2 data

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Jul 31 12:06:15 EDT 2009

Hey Robert,
Found the argus-2.x conversion bug.  Fixes on the server at:
     ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus-3.0/argus-clients-3.0.2.beta.11.tar.gz
    http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-clients-3.0.2.beta.11.tar.gz

I didn't get a chance to fully test this, so if you have any problems
configuring, making, compiling, whatever, please send email soon.

Bascially, argus-2.x had only rudimentary support for reporting
rtp and rtcp.  In converting the record, we generated a RTCP
DSR for the indication, but with a truncated length (4 bytes).
This is not a problem.  But the problem was that when you
write out the record, on a little endian machine, we would
have to convert the output buffers to big_endian byte represenation,
and the conversion would corrupt other DSR content, possibly
in other records.

Whew, OK, give this a run.  Hopefully it will solve our problem.

Carter