argus user data buffer analysis

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 15:18:49 EST 2009

Hi,

I was testing argus with some offline data. I have some questions
related with both argus usage and some details about it.

My offline data is a tcpdump record and it is suggested to convert it to
argus data as argus -mAJZRU 512 to get as much information as possible
from the record. What is the idea behind using 512 byte of user data to
capture?

Can you give me some information about the Interpacket arrival time? How
does it being calculated?

If i want to calculate the non-empty packets at a flow, should i subract
the loss number from total number?

Thanx.

--
Oguz Yarimtepe