ra: window difference ?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Dec 10 11:36:14 EST 2009

Hey Julien,
In the file you uploaded, 131803 of the flows that are reporting source windows of
zero are flows that are simple single packet flows, so you and I are getting consistent
numbers, so I suspect that your numbers are real.

I can't explain the discrepancy, as I have looked at the code and your sample
file and there shouldn't be a problem.  With the numbers switched, you should be
able to find a packet in your file  where wireshark thinks there is a window number,
and the resulting argus record reports zero.

If you could create a packet file that has a packet or two that wireshark thinks
has a src window value but argus reports as zero, then I can debug.

Carter