problem with ralabel and country code

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sun Aug 30 10:04:15 EDT 2009

So ralabel() is not working for you.
In order to print country codes for records when there is no geolocation
data included in the records, the printing routines do the lookups for
IP/cocode.
So they grab the "RA_DELEGATED_IP" file, load up the translations, and
to the conversion themselves.   Its like DNS lookups for IP addesses.
The data
doesn't go into the records, its just printed.  If there is no
"RA_DELEGATED_IP"
file, then it can't do the lookups.

If there is geolocation data in the records, no lookup is needed, and
ra*
programs printout the data that is contained in the records.   If
you're not
getting country codes from the output of ralabel() then ralabel()
isn't inserting
any information into the stream.   (you can verify this by looking at
the file
sizes).

So, run ralabel() with something like "-D 12", reading only a few
records to
see whats wrong with your ralabel.conf file.

    ralabel -D12 -N 2  -f /usr/local/argus/ralabel.conf -r /var/argus/
2009/08/28/argus_00\:00\:00

and lets see what ralabel() is really doing.

Carter