n00b Questions

John Kennedy wilson.amajohn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:28:33 EDT 2009

My average bandwidth today is 84 Meg per hour. During peak times it can get
up to 120 Meg.  In 40 min I have 1.5 gig and in an hour I will see about 2.3
- 2.5 gig of "primitive" data or more.

So in 24 hours I will see about 60 gig of primitive data.  Pumping just this
one sensor's data to my server, which I described before, cannot handle a
Daily Top Talker Aggregation.  I have to chunk reports up by hour to keep
the processor available for other reports.

You can see that just in a week I would store close to 420 Gigs of primitive
data.  Processing a day's primitive data ( from one sensor ) tends to bring
it to it's knees just running racluster. Now throw in 4 other sensors ( one
of which sees almost as much traffic ) and that is a lot of raw data to
process and store.

Clearly I need to better utilize the tools to efficiently process the raw
data.  Hence the email to see how others may do it.

Regards,

John