problem with to read rasplit -w

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Aug 26 16:02:14 EDT 2009

Hey Jean-Marc,
Hmmmm, I see what the problem is and I have a patch, but I don't see
how it could happen, yet.  The tag that tells us what version of argus
we're reading is not in network order, its in host order.  The rest of
the
file is fine.   The patch below should allow you to read any
files in your archive that are corrupt.   Send mail after you try it.

So just a few questions.

Is it an arbitrary hourly file in the directory that is unreadable, or
always
the second one, or every other one?

The way that most people would generate this archive is to have radium()
read the netflow records, and then have rasplit() attach to the radium.
Did you try that at any time and get different results?  If not, don't
worry,
your method should work fine.

Carter

------ start included patch -------
==== //depot/argus/clients/common/argus_util.c#174 - /home/carter/
argus/clients/common/argus_util.c ====
19003c19003,19004
<                      if (argus.argus_mar.argusid ==
ntohl(ARGUS_COOKIE)) {
---
 >                      if ((argus.argus_mar.argusid ==
ntohl(ARGUS_COOKIE)) ||