Loss measure in Argus

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Aug 10 01:38:16 EDT 2009

Hey C.Desem,
Seems that tcptrace() is also giving poor results.  If the transmitter
retransmits
255 packets, then the receiver should be able to report this same
number or
at least something very close.  At least that is the goal of Argus's
loss reporting.

Argus counts loss in a number of ways, including tracking ack sequence
numbers, but being an order of magnitude off is indeed incorrect.

Can you share the packet files that show this?  I'll use to debug the
reports.
What version of argus are you using?

Carter