best way to collect traffic

Nick Diel nick at engineerity.com
Fri Apr 24 10:14:42 EDT 2009

I am not sure if you saw an earlier email from Cater in reply to earlier
questions, but you need to put the filter as your very last argument.

Change:
racluster -L0 -nr testdump.arg3 - tcp and port 22 -s proto saddr sport
dir daddr dport stime ltime dur sbytes sappbytes dappbytes dbytes spkts
dpkts sloss dloss > testdump.txt

To:
racluster -L0 -nr testdump.arg3 -s proto saddr sport
dir daddr dport stime ltime dur sbytes sappbytes dappbytes dbytes spkts
dpkts sloss dloss *- tcp and port 22* > testdump.txt

Nick