best way to collect traffic

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 01:44:33 EDT 2009

I am generally using a dataset [1] for testing purposes. What i do is
converting the tcpdump files to arg3 records and analyse the results.

A few days ago i tried to check my own traffic so i run the tcpdump
while surfing. After a while i break the process by ctrl+c and converted
the dumo file arg3 and check the results. I saw some <?> values at the
direction field. So i thought, collecting the traffing in this way is
not a good idea or i broke the connection an packages so the flow data
was missing.

What is the good way to collect a traffic for analyzing via argus?

--
Oguz Yarimtepe
http://www.loopbacking.info