ragraph

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Apr 16 15:00:45 EDT 2009

Hey Oguz,
Most of the metrics are represented, but in your case, there is no
"jit", but there is "sjit" and "djit".

Some metrics cannot be "combined", by this I mean, you can't
take a metric calculated for the source direction and for the dst
direction and combine them to get a usable directionless metric.
Jitter and Interpacket arrival times are the primary examples.

But for most metrics, say "bytes", "pkts",  "load", "rate" you can
easily combine the two directional metrics and generate a
directionless value.  I just tested "loss", "load" and "rate" and they
don't graph, so I'll add them.  But "bytes" and "pkts" work fine.

I'll have to go through the whole list to figure out which ones
need to be put back in.

Carter

On Apr 16, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Oguz Yarimtepe wrote:

> I am using argus 3.0.0 version and was trying ragraph.
>
> ragraph pkts -M 1s -fill -stack -r inside.tcpdump_w1_d1.arg3 -w x.png
> worked fine but
>
> $ ragraph jit -M 1s -fill -stack -r inside.tcpdump_w1_d1.arg3 -w
> xs.png
> usage: /usr/local/bin/ragraph metric (srcid | proto [daddr] | dport)
> [-title "title"] [ra-options]
> /usr/local/bin/ragraph: unable to create `/tmp/file04NhFQ.rrd': you
> must
> define at least one Data Source
>
> Seems some parts are missing. What should i do to use other options
> like
> load, jitter, inter packet delays, ...?
>
> --
> Oguz Yarimtepe