Maxmind based Geo-location and ra* programs

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Apr 15 11:37:58 EDT 2009

Hey Mark,
Yes, but I couldn't figure out how to get their databases simply,
without running
a complete mirror of their system, and when you're mapping 200K
addresses
per second (100K records per second) doesn't seem like we'll keep up
if I have
to query whois.cymru.org ;o)

The GeoIP stuff was pretty straightforward to use, and the argus-
client code
is now compatible with the pay-as-you-go databases from MaxMind, so it
seemed like a win.

Do you think the Cymru strategy is worth a look?  Have you implemented a
local database?

Carter

Carter Bullard
CEO/President