rasplit Starts On Wrong Day

Barry Kolts bhkolts at gotrain.org
Mon Apr 6 01:20:08 EDT 2009

Barry Kolts <bhkolts <at> gotrain.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I need some help with rasplit. I am changing machines, replacing an old one
> with a newer one. On the new machine rasplit starts the output file one day
> earlier than the current day.
> Invocation on the old machine is:
> /usr/local/bin/rasplit -S localhost -M time 1d \
>   -w /usr/local/etc/argus_daily_splits/%Y/%m/%d.data &
>
> Invocation on the new machine is:
> /usr/local/bin/rasplit -S localhost -M time 1d \
>   -w /var/local/argus_data/argus_daily_splits/%Y/%m/%d.data &
>
> Other than the different output files the difference between the two
> machines are:
> The old machine is 32bit Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 and the new is 64 bit
> rasplit on the old machine is:
>  * $Id: //depot/argus/argus-3.0/clients/clients/rasplit.c#21 $
>  * $DateTime: 2006/04/07 19:27:03 $
>  * $Change: 812 $
> and the new:
>  * $Id: //depot/argus/clients/clients/rasplit.c#34 $
>  * $DateTime: 2009/03/13 14:53:33 $
>  * $Change: 1682 $
>
> argus.conf, ra.conf are the same on both the machines.
>
> Can anyone see where I have gone amiss?
> What other information can I provide to help?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help,
> Barry

Update:

rasplit changed file names from yesterday to today at 19:00. Both my system
clock and my hardware clock are set to the right time for my timezone. Why would
rasplit be 19:00 behind? I am in CDT timezone in the USA (GMT-5) so I don't
think I have timezone setting wrong. Any other information I can provide to help
let me know.

Thanks,
Barry