feature request: ragrep

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jun 16 12:37:54 EDT 2008

Hey CS Lee,
So can't you specify  this using regular expression anchors and
repetition?  So you want to find "root" anywhere after 11 characters
from the front of the user data.

    -e "^.{11}.*root"

The '^' anchors the search at the start of the string.  the ".{11}"
requires
that there be 11 characters of something, and then anywhere after that,
the regular expression will match 'root'.

Does that do it?

Carter