Issue with determination of source vs. dest.

Nick Diel nick at engineerity.com
Fri Jun 13 12:13:24 EDT 2008

This might be related to my localized filtering bug, but I wanted to put it
a separate tread in case it wasn't.

In the output from RA, it is switching the client/source and the server/dst
for TCP connections where Argus did see at least one syn.  The tcp state ra
reports also indicates the client and server are switched.  This is
happening for some unidirectional flows where the end of the flow wasn't
captured and also a few bidirectional flows where the initial syn was not
captured but the synack was.  Since RA dir column isn't a ?> I am assuming
it is using syn and synack states to determine client/server.

 Sport   Dir  Dport        State
80        -> 3293              S
80        -> 4437              S
80        -> 4438              S