Another Problem with Filter, appbytes lt 1

Nick Diel nick at engineerity.com
Sun Jun 8 16:47:05 EDT 2008

Carter,

I haven't modified the any of the source code for argus or it's clients.  I
just installed Argus (fresh download from the website too), on another
similar machine.  Here is the byte code I got for this machine:

ra -b - appbytes lt 0
(000) ldll     [332]
(001) jge      #0x0             jt 2    jf 5
(002) ldll     [579328166959513956]
(003) jge      #0x0             jt 4    jf 5
(004) ret      #0
(005) ret      #96

Both machines have 3.0 GHz Xeons (one is a single proc, the other machine is
two dual cores.)

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 6
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 2992.753
cache size      : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5990.12
clflush size    : 64

Nick