segv in argus with latest pf_fring enabled lipcap

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Jul 7 15:05:49 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 01:27:58PM -0500, Will Metcalf wrote:
> Everything is intel 32-bit.

	For what its worth (probably not much, since it doesn't work for
you :-)) I  just compiled argus-3.0.0 release and ran it for a while on
a SUSE 10.2 32 bit Athelon box with an older (can't see a version to say how
old, but a year or more anyway) version of pf-ring. Runs fine as it does
on my 64 bit PPC machines (for some value of fine, its a little unstable
at full gig :-)). Phil Wood has a similar mod that is in the kernel (no need
to add pf-ring) but I haven't managed to do a speed comparison yet.
	At this point I expect debug output to see if there is an alignment
problem of some kind is probably the best bet.