argus crash problem

Lei Wei lwei at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jan 30 13:45:17 EST 2008

Hello Peter and Carter,

I've been trying to repeat the crash problem again recently. I ran
argus with the debug option enabled from Sunday night until now. It
never crashed. The only debug information it outputed was several lines
when argus started to run and nothing more. The CPU usage right now is
till about 99% but the output data file grows well and now is about
144G already. I'm not sure why I can't repeat the crash again and there
shouldn't be too much difference in the amount of traffic between this
and last week. By the way, the link I'm monitoring is the campus border
link to the ISP and the traffic load is more than 1G per second.  I
wonder if there's any difference running in debug mode that could
possibly play a role in it...  Anyway, I'll keep monitoring it and see
what happens.

Lei