racount

CS Lee geek00l at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:11:19 EST 2008

Hi Matthew,

There's no -a option, simply use -

racount -r whatever.argus3

This will produce result you need.

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:52:59 -0800
From: "Mathew Brown" <mathewbrown at fastmail.fm>
Subject: [ARGUS] racount and other commands won't run under
       argus-clients-3.0.0.rc.68
To: argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu

Hi,

 I'm new to Argus and just recently compiled and installed argus and
 argus-clients on a Debian machine.  I'm able to run argus
 successfully:

 argus -r capture.cap -w capture.cap.argus

 works fine.  However, when I try to run any of the r-commands such as
 rahosts or racount, it gives me the following error such as:

  racount -ar capture.cap.argus
  racount[27189]: 20:51:15.185652 /etc/ra.conf: syntax error line 199
  racount   records     total_pkts     src_pkts       dst_pkts
  total_bytes        src_bytes          dst_bytes
   sum   0           0              0              0              0
                0                  0

 Looking into /etc/ra.conf on line 199, I see the following:

 RA_PRINT_HOSTNAMES=no

 Any ideas?  Thanks for your help.

PS.  I'm currently using argus-3.0.0 and
argus-clients-3.0.0.rc.68.tar.gz
--
 Mathew Brown
 mathewbrown at fastmail.fm