argus crash problem

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Jan 25 12:32:44 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 12:10:36PM -0500, Lei Wei wrote:
> Hey Carter and Peter,

<snip>

> I don't quite understand the following in Peter's email: "assuming
> you have corelimit set to a non zero value gdb on the core will give
> Carter good information.", could you give me some instrutions on how to
> do it so that I can provide more helpful info?
>
> Again, thanks for all your help.
>
> Lei

	Looks like corelimit is a solarisizm :-). Your shell may have a
limit on core size (usually 0) so when a program cores the core isn't saved.
I don't remember what FreeBSD does (it may be non zero by default in which
case you will be fine) but on SUSE Linux you need to add

ulimit -c unlimited

to your bash profile because it defaults to 0 and you won't get a core.
Mac OS10.4 does create cores by default and FreeBSD may too.