argus crash problem

Lei Wei lwei at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jan 24 13:56:31 EST 2008

Hello,

I've met with some crashing issue when using argus to continously
monitoring the dag interface. The version I'm now using is argus-3. It
happened several times that after about 10 hours of monitoring, the
argus process died by itself for some reason. The system is a
Freebsd5.4 on a 2G memory and 2G CPU machine. I periodically checked
the memory usage of argus process when it's running, it seemed that
most of the time it consumed under 400Mb of memory and above 50% CPU
usage, and sometime even 99% of CPU usage. Could anyone give me some
hint on what could possibly cause argus to crash and what I could do to
prevent it?

Thanks.
Lei