racluster() memory control Re: New To Argus

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Feb 28 18:32:31 EST 2008

The default idle timeout is infinity.

I think if you pre-process the stream with something like radark()
which provides you with the IP addresses of scanners, you can
reject traffic involving those addresses or you just filter traffic
that is going to IP addresses that don't exist, you will do well.

We have limits in the code, I just need to reduce the number so it
doesn't kill the average machine.  We have means of passing the
limit to the clients as well, in the .rarc file, so that should be easy
to do.

Carter