configure on solaris 10 with argus 3.0

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Feb 14 12:34:58 EST 2008

Hey Eric,
Look in the config.log to see which bison it found.  Now that I'm
thinking about it, its possible that the make will use whatever
bison is in your path ("V_YACC='bison -y -p argus_'").  So
what bison does "which bison" return?

Run bison by hand, with the parameters in the make file,
adding the --verbose option to see what its complaining about.
If that works, without error, maybe make() is finding a different
bison?   Modify the make file to run bison --version, or "which bision"
to see what its picking up.

It could be that flex is the problem, and its  output is not good.
Run it also by hand to see if the grammar.c file that it generates
is reasonable.

The big test has been for flex above 2.4, in order to get the right
behavior for the "-Pargus_" option.  The version of bison in your
path is fine 2.3.  I'm running bison 2.3 and and flex 2.5.33.

Carter