ragraph w/large files

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Wed Dec 24 12:21:42 EST 2008

Hey all,

I'm writing a php script to webify using ragraph, but I've run into a
problem. Giving ragraph a lot of data sometimes results in rabins eating
nearly all system memory (2gb in this case), or ragraph generating a
very huge but empty, one color graph image. This happens when I tell
ragraph to read (-R) and process ("sbytes dbytes dport") log directories
that total in size ~200mb or more.

I've hacked in a 'max-ports-to-graph' command line argument with 2
additional lines in ragraph around line 918 and 960:
if($i > $max_ports_to_graph) { last; }
This forces ragraph out of it's processing after it's finished a certain
number of ports and reduces the size of the image generated.

Is this a dumb thing to do, or is there a better way? Typically, when I
want to look at larger time periods, I am interested in ports that will
be in the top 100 ports.

Thanks,

Ken

--