Definition of filter fin and finack

Nick Diel nick at engineerity.com
Wed Aug 27 12:45:09 EDT 2008

A quick question as I work on a paper.  For the filters "fin" and "finack",
do each one represent one half of the 3-way tear down.  For example, does
"fin" mean that argus saw the first fin and saw the ACK for this fin?  And
on the other side, does "finack" mean that argus saw the second fin and saw
the ACK for this fin?  Or does a complete teardown in terms of fin and
finack filters look like this: (src fin and dst finack) and (dst fin and src
finack)?

I want to make sure I get my defitions right for a paper.

Thanks,
Nick