Possible to filter on src vid != dst vid?

Terry Burton tez at terryburton.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 19:17:37 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Carter Bullard <carter at qosient.com> wrote:
> The numbers don't look quite right, but you never know with loss.
<...snip...>

Hi Carter,

Thanks for your response regarding packet loss calculations. I'll look
forward to looking into this more thoroughly when I return from an
imminent holiday in two weeks time.

> If you want more detail, just ask questions on the list.  If I can't answer, somebody else may chime in :o)

I'd just like to repeat a part of my original email that went
unaddressed regarding filtering using comparison operators on VLAN
tags.

> However my real question is this: Is there some way of asserting a
> filter along the lines of "src vid != dst vid" so that I see only
> inter-VLAN flows as I'm not interested in seeing the inter-subnet
> traffic on "shared networks"?

Thanks again for your reply.

All the best,

Tez