pf_ring and argus

Ole Morten Grodås grodaas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 07:16:11 EDT 2008

 Hi
I'm having some performance problems with my Argus setup. And after reading
a couple of articles about PF_RING [1,2]. I'm under the impression that
PF_RING could help with some of my performance problems. I'm about to setup
a test environment to test the performance gained from using PF_RING. In
regard to this I was wondering if you had any experience with PF_RING and
Argus. Are there any known problems? Can I expect a large performance
improvement?

I'm currently running Argus 2. Will that result in any problems? There
reason I'm not switching to Argus 3 is mostly due to stability concerns.
 I'm also concerned about possible compability issues with my current setup.