Counting flows by time interval in argus

Nick Diel nick at engineerity.com
Tue Apr 8 17:18:29 EDT 2008

I wanted to add in a solution Carter just showed me so it was part of this
thread if anyone was searching.

This example assumes you have already merged status flow records, so records
= flows, if not add another pipe of racluster.

rastrip -r $file -M -agr -w - | rabins -M soft time 10m -m srcid -s stime
trans -c , -F raTime.conf > flowcounts.csv

raTime.conf contents (you could also add this to your rarc file):
RA_TIME_FORMAT="%H:%M"

If you have multiple collectors, you can have rabins merge on something else
such as proto if you are filtering on tcp.

Nick