irritating arugs behaviour

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Sep 24 17:18:09 EDT 2007

Hi

When a disk write from argus fails (due to diskfull for example) argus
keeps running but never retries the output file.   I have a daily job
that clears space in the archive and occasionally the cleared space is
not enough for the next day's logs so the system runs out of disk late
at night.

I've just got  back after a few days away to find that the monitor ran
out of disk on the first evening, of course!  :)

When argus closes an output process due to errors it would be nice if it
could recheck the file periodically to see if it can proceed again.

Some time in the not too distant future I will move to using radium on
the central controller where I will have much more disk but in the mean
time it would be nice if argus could retry blocked output processes say
every 15 minutes.

Russell