new software on the server, ..., almost done

K K kkadow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:04:56 EDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Carter Bullard <carter at qosient.com> wrote:
> Well, some machines are much more forgiving than others!!!
> So ra() dumped at the end of the run while closing the parser.

Open is very sensitive to off-by-one buffer overruns and double free().
For production, looks like we'll be running argus on Solaris 10
instead of OpenBSD :(

> Any chance you could "./configure;make clean;make" after
> "touch .devel" in the root directory?  That should give us a line
> number in ArgusCloseParser(), so I can figure out what is going on.

Done, but I don't see any more debug details, no line number given for
ArgusCloseParser()?

> gdb bin/ra
GNU gdb 6.3
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-openbsd3.9"...
(gdb) run -nn -r argus.2007.09.05.15.00.01.gz >/dev/null
Starting program:
/usr/local/src/argus/argus-clients-3.0.0.rc.51/bin/ra -nn -r
argus.2007.09.05.15.00.01.gz >/dev/null
[New process 28790, thread 0x85aad800]
[New process 28790]
ra in free(): error: free_pages: pointer to wrong page

[Switching to process 28790, thread 0x85aad000]
0x015cb995 in kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.39.0
(gdb)

Ideas?