radium fails (rc.50 from 2007-08-31)

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Sep 3 20:03:44 EDT 2007

	To follow up my own post as usual, the issue looks to be threads
deadlocking. I started an argus with no -J but a -D2 and it hung the same way.
I then foolishly listed the debug output file before saving the two gdb
outputs and lost them, but it was the same as before the argus was sitting
at select doing nothing and when HUPed there was a hung thread. A look through
the 900 meg debug file does indicate it is a new thread in an apparant list
allocation loop (which is likely eating memory and is in any case not working).
I've started it again and I expect it to fail again at which time I'll get
more data. So it looks like a no .threads version of argus-3.0.0 works but
.threads currently doesn't.