ra clients Netflow

Jean Michel RIZZARDI jmrizzardi at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 15 14:14:51 EDT 2007

Hi Carter,

still no luck in capturing (with strace on linux ra keeps on doing this:

gettimeofday({1192471704, 823268}, NULL) = 0
select(4, [3], NULL, NULL, {0, 50000})  = 0 (Timeout)

I read your post about the doc; I can tell that having the tool up and running
is pretty straight forward, but analysis is a little bit more complicated.
I love your tool because you can do "current" reporting and go deeper if
something happens.
Some subjects of interests are "basic" reports: top 10 applications, top
talkers, rtt variation. A lot of things are in the man pages I know ...
Also dealing with large amount of data, advices on how to split  /archive would
be welcome.
I guess for you it's basic but for someone just coming to Argus this may help.

Again, thanks a lot for this tremendous work.

Jean Michel