parsing argus data for top destination ports

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Nov 29 15:30:43 EST 2007

Hey Scott,
Two things we need to change.

Remove the "-M rmon" call, since you want to tally the destination port.  The "rmon" mode basically removes the direction in the flow records.

The ports are only meaningful when you also have the proto field, so modify your "-m dport" to "-m proto dport".  And you should consider a filter to pick up just the udp and tcp traffic.  "-- tcp oer udp".

Because you may get 2 entries for a given port (one for udp and one foer tcp) you may also want to print the proto field.

That should help!!!

QoSient LLC
150 E. 57th Street Suite 12D
New York, New York 10022