radump() as a new client program

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Mar 20 12:14:42 EDT 2007

Gentle people,
With argus frozen, I can now turn my attention to getting
the clients in order for the release.  I am adding a new program,
radump(),  to the list of client programs, which provides a tcpdump
decoder for the userdata buffers that are captured in argus data.

It really is tcpdump-3.9.5, where each original tcpdump print
routine that deals with protocols above TCP and UDP is modified
slightly so that it can be run against the argus user data buffer.

I'm wondering how is the best way of distributing this new program.
I'm thinking that it should be as a separate client program, that is
not in the argus-clients distribution?  But as a separate tarfile on its
own?  That way we can maintain it independently, with its own
version numbers, release cycle etc....

Any thoughts?  Anyone want to test this bugger out?