how is the byteorder stuff supposed to work?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Mar 16 02:52:47 EDT 2007

I think the better question is, if such a fundamental thing is
broken, then
how can any of the fields be printed in the correct order?  I think
asking
a question like "how is this supposed to work" is a little unbounded,
and possibly a bit of a bother.

But if you think you have a little-endian problem, then focusing on
the actual problem would be a better use of precious time.  If you
have a few records that are decoded differently on big-endian and
little-endian machines ( using the latest stuff of course ) would go
a long way to fixing a problem.

Carter