Trouble with radium (rc.44-070608)

Wolfgang Barth wob at swobspace.de
Wed Jun 20 13:34:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:53:39AM +0000, carter at qosient.com wrote:
> So, yes we need to update your clients.
> I think the rc.45 on the server has these issues fixed.

No, sorry,  I tested radium rc.45 some hours ago, same effect. If I reboot
a machine with argus, radium hangs and cannot be terminated with kill
-TERM, I have to use kill -11 or kill -9.

I connected strace in this hanging state and get the following output:

% strace -p 11886
Process 11886 attached - interrupt to quit
futex(0xb7dac0c0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL

No reaction on kill -TERM in this state. I'm not a programmer, I don't know
what futex means ....

Wolfgang
--
<wob (at) swobspace de> * http://www.swobspace.de