ra output line buffered

Christopher Jones ccjones007 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:49:41 EST 2007

Carter,

In my case it is the text output from ra to a pipe.  When running the
ra client without piping the output is printed as the ra client
receives it.  When piping the ra client text output to another
application or command the ra client block-buffers the output which
means that the reading application or command does not see ra's output
until 'enough' output has been buffered in the ra client to cause a
write out of that data.   I am not sure if this kind of behavior
should be configurable at runtime of ra or just a software patch that
one can apply if they want line-buffering or no buffering.

Chris