access to user data buffer

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Feb 21 18:59:26 EST 2007

poncenby smythe wrote:
> greetings,
>
> my argus.conf includes the following:
> ARGUS_CAPTURE_DATA_LEN=1024
>
> my .rarc includes the following:
> RA_USERDATA_ENCODE=Ascii
>

> when using ra* programs and specifying -s suser -s duser i can see
> that data is being captured, however only the first sixteen bytes are
> displayed, like this:
>
> suser[16]="this is 16 bytes"
> duser[16]="this is 16 bytes"
>
> how can I get access to the full buffer?

 you need to give the field length, the default is 16:

[rful011 at ruru argus]$ bin/ra -h
Ra Version 3.0.0.rc.37
usage: ra
usage: ra [options] -S remoteServer  [- filter-expression]
usage: ra [options] -r argusDataFile [- filter-expression]

[snip]
         -s [-][+[#]]field  specify fields to print.
                   fields:  srcid, stime, ltime, trans, seq, flgs, dur,
avgdur,

# gives the width!

Russell