ArgusBug ratop display filter : only lack of knowledge

Stéphane Peters stephane.peters at forem.be
Wed Feb 14 08:24:31 EST 2007

Hello Carter,

you are right, I didn't know anything about the 'remote', 'local' or
'display' filter types;
I haven't seen them in a ratop manpage :-)

Because I worked on a file, it's normal that a change on the 'remote'
filter did nothing.
I have tried a 'local' filter, that did nothing either (I needed to type
'r').
But the 'display' filter works immediately.
Please note that for discarding the filter, you need to type a space
after 'display':
    'display' <space> <carriage return>

Having these 3 filter types is another great feature of the argus package !

Regards,

Stephane.Peters at forem.be