racluster exits

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Dec 28 12:15:38 EST 2007

Hey Torbjörn,
You have an error with the "-T yes" option, it should be something
like "-T 20s".  And you need to have the "-f racluster.conf"  option
or racluster() won't find its configuration.  That could cause all
your problems as the default behavior is to hold all the data
until EOF.

While what you are doing should generate output (and I'll look into
what the problem maybe), I believe that you will be happier with
running radium() with the "-d -P <port>" options, and having racluster()
attach to the radium().  This will provide much more fault tolerance
and flexibility.  That way if racluster() dies or is killed for whatever
reason, the radium still runs, collecting data from the remote sources.

For others on the list, your experiment will report only those flows
that
are idle for 900 seconds.  While that will eventually report all
the flows (theoretically), some lasting flows, such as beacons
(persistent
pings, SNMP polling etc...) and a large class of operating system flows,
such as arps, time maintenance, etc.....  will only be reported when
one of the hosts reboots, or dies.  May not be ideal.

radium -d -S 127.0.0.1 -P 12345 -T 60s ......
racluster -f racluster.conf -S localhost:12345 -w argus.log

Carter