Argus memory issues

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Aug 21 10:59:00 EDT 2007

OK, I have an argus with a completely different memory strategy
that can be tested, however, it doesn't generate usable output yet.
I will try to get it ready for tonight, or early tomorrow.  Would
anyone be interested in running it for a while, just to see what the
memory use looks like?  No client involvement, just hooking it up
to a packet hose, and watching what it does (may core, but so
far so good).

This should cut memory use for low impact flows to 10-15% of
what it is now, possibly less than argus-2.0, for some traffic mixes.
It will be in the kernel a bit more than earlier memory models, but
should work.

Carter