radium make error (argus client 3 rc 47)

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Aug 16 11:38:57 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 09:32:39AM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Mel,
> We're quickly trying to fix a very odd problem with argus right now,
> and so the code is getting sloppy (as if it wasn't sloppy to begin
> with ;o)
> radium for rc.48, which should go up sometime in the next hour or so,
> will have this fix.
>
> Carter

	And for the impatient, this patch (from an earlier version) applies
with an offset on the current .rc.47 code and fixes this (the rest of the
patches look to be in the rc.47 code):

*** radium/radium.c.orig	Tue Aug 14 08:48:44 2007
--- radium/radium.c	Tue Aug 14 12:57:20 2007
***************
*** 625,633 ****
--- 625,635 ----
                                      case EAI_NONAME:
                                         ArgusLog(LOG_ERR, "srcid %s unknown", optarg);
                                         break;
+ #ifdef EAI_ADDRFAMILY
                                      case EAI_ADDRFAMILY:
                                         ArgusLog(LOG_ERR, "srcid %s has no IP address", optarg);
                                         break;
+ #endif
                                      case EAI_SYSTEM:
                                         ArgusLog(LOG_ERR, "srcid %s name server error %s", optarg, strerror(errno));
                                         break;
***************
*** 1017,1025 ****
--- 1019,1029 ----
                 case EAI_NONAME:
                    ArgusLog(LOG_ERR, "bind address %s unknown", optarg);
                    break;
+ #ifdef EAI_ADDRFAMILY
                 case EAI_ADDRFAMILY:
                    ArgusLog(LOG_ERR, "bind address %s has no IP address", optarg);
                    break;
+ #endif
                 case EAI_SYSTEM:
                    ArgusLog(LOG_ERR, "bind address %s name server error %s", optarg, strerror(errno));
                    break;