argus instability problems

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Aug 10 12:26:31 EDT 2007

	I'm still seeing problems (time dsr not set, followed by apparant
argus malloc corruption) on my test 64 bit PowerPC argus sensor. Carter and
I are poking at this to see if we can identify why, but I expect it will be
of interest to know if anyone else is seeing the problem as well and if so
what architecture (Intel, PPC), OS and size (32 or 64 bit) would be useful.
The problem I'm seeing involves a syslog message like this (and the argus
shutting down which in my case involves a seg fault in argus_free):

Aug  9 13:54:32 hcids argus[2945]: 09 Aug 07 13:54:32.047332 ArgusGenerateRecord: time dsr not set

	If I'm the only one seeing this it may be something local but I don't
think I am the only one (this is the cause of the 0 length records in the
clients as well I believe).