argus-3.0.0 package on the server (clients next)!!!

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Apr 20 14:17:18 EDT 2007

Gentle people,
We're coming down to the end of the testing phase, and I've
got all of the outstanding bugs from the list done (thanks to all).

There is a report that when jitter reporting is turned on, argus
may generate malformed records, however, I cannot confirm this.
I'm investigating and I'll keep all posted.

The plan is to have the final release candidate
argus-3.0.0 up on the development server, today!!!!

Thanks for everyone's help in this tortuous effort.

Now we can't officially release argus-3.0 until we have the base
client package finished, and that is almost done.   We have the
complete client package ready to go, except for raxml(), which
should not necessarily be the thing to hold back release!!!

I am going to make the last pass of functional definition and
conformance (make sure the clients do at least what they are
suppose to do.  So, ...,  sort on all the fields, print out all the
right
fields, get the precision right on all fields, etc.....).  And then
we're done with the implementation!!!!!!

Documentation is still the primary issue.  The man pages are in
much better shape due to the activity on the email list, and a
last pass with these is important.  An FAQ is also on the list
of things to get going, but that can be maintained on the web
site, and so we don't have to have it for the release.

The final thing to do is the CHANGES file, which will be a big
deal.  If anyone has any opportunity to contribute to this, that
would most excellent!!!!!   Anything is up for grabs;  ideas for
organization, focus, relevance, anything really would be most
welcome!!!!!!!

Thanks again for all the amazing effort and patience!!!!
We're getting much closer!!!