No user data field in rc 29

Karl Tatgenhorst karlt at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 22 11:08:47 EDT 2006

Hi,

    I am using argus rc 29 now on our network and having a strange
issue. I first got everything working with no special options, that went
well. Then I added to the argus server "-U 128" to preserve 128 bytes of
user space in the record. That ran without a hitch. Then I set the
clients to "ra -S argus-north:561 -s +user:128 -
w /var/log/argus/processed/north/tmp.argus_north"

There is no difference in the output. I am not catching any user data.

Any thoughts? Feel free to ask for any more info that you need.

Thank you,

Karl Tatgenhorst
Network Security Officer
University of Chicago